The HR expert that recommended this book to me is Christophe Lo Giudice, Chief Editor at Peoplesphere, a Belgian HR magazine and community.
Written in a humorous and informal style by the sympathetic former chief evangelist of Apple, Enchantment is an interesting “how-to book” covering various subjects related to marketing, public relations, entrepreneurship and people management.
- How to make people like you, including how to smile, dress, accept other people's ideas and values...
- How to build trust
- How to prepare and to launch your project, your big idea
- How to overcome resistance (tips for convincing skeptical people) and how to make your influence last in the long term.
- How to use presentations, e-mails, websites, blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Youtube
- How to manage people by enchanting them
- How to make your boss like you
- How to avoid being influenced by other people (for example, how to resist mass-media marketing).
How Is Enchantment Useful to HR Practitioners?
Many of Guy Kawasaki's tips can be really useful for HR professionals. They can help us communicate better, help us use the tools of our times to build a stronger influence.
In particular, the chapter titled "How to enchant Your employees" provides interesting leadership advice.
- Enchantment. The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds and Actions
- By Guy KAWASAKI
- Penguin Books, 2011
- 211 pages
- Available on Amazon.com: Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds, and Actions
You can follow GuyKawasaki on Twitter, where he posts huge quantities of interesting stuff (and don't forget to follow HRbooks also!).